Better Product Content Boosts Footwear E-Commerce Sales & Customer Experiences
A Global Footprint
The volume of customers opting for online footwear purchases is growing rapidly, particularly in developing economies. Transformative urbanization, expanding middle-class populations, and a demand for convenience are the reasons behind current e-commerce preferences.
- USD 409.5 billion – Value of the global footwear industry in 2022.
- USD 725 billion – Expected value of the industry by 2032.
- It has a current CAGR of 5.9%, with India and China the main growth drivers.
Better Product Content Is Essential for Better E-Commerce Footwear Sales & Customer Experiences
As evidenced, organizations involved in the footwear industry deal with thousands of products and product variations based on several market, region, and consumer preference criterion.
Consider a multinational manufacturer of non-leather slippers and sandals for all age groups, for example. Their product portfolio will be segmented, with each segment requiring detailed product descriptions, specifications, reviews, high-quality digital media (photos, videos, ads, 3D renders) and other types of product content assets, per individual product. To further complicate matters, different distributors and e-commerce channels will mandate their own set of product information requirements to be featured on their platforms.
This manufacturer will face time-consuming challenges in product content quality, omnichannel syndication, and product data management that delays their time to market.
With a future-ready product content cloud SaaS in place, the footwear manufacturer will have these key e-commerce advantages:
- A secure, centralized, and easy-to-use repository of all digital assets associated with their footwear range. This ensures that relevant product images, videos and renders are easily available to cross-functional stakeholders within the organization (design, marketing, sales, etc.), as and when they need it, saving valuable time. All channels will display consistent and accurate product information, including e-commerce websites. Product content misidentification, regional language errors, poor SEO adherence, incorrect product details, and other discrepancies can be rectified at scale. This helps maintain and develop customer trust.
- The manufacturer can introduce their new footwear products to various online markets simultaneously, in a far more streamlined manner, thanks to custom product categories and profiles, efficient product attribute mapping, and ensuring relevant digital assets are associated with their respective products. Apart from this, they can also create detailed customer profiles and gather data on customer preferences. More targeted footwear ads and offers will improve the overall customer experience, build loyalty, and increase the likelihood of repeat business.
- Selling high volumes of footwear on multiple e-commerce platforms requires expert management and synchronization of product information across each channel. The manufacturer’s brand image and customer experience depend on consistency. Having customized product catalogs and line sheets based on different markets, seasons, and collections helps them prepare for any scenario. Inventory management tools provide real-time data and insights into footwear stock levels and market demand forecasts. This prevents overstocking and shortages, while optimizing inventory levels consistently for every online sales channel.
Online sales generate significant revenue for the footwear industry. Expect innovative e-commerce strategies from major players as they attempt to maximize earnings while battling fierce competition. Customers will scrutinize and reward better product content which enhances their online shopping experience.
Blue Meteor Product Content Cloud goes above and beyond in helping businesses navigate complex e-commerce product data challenges.
We’d love to help your brand. Schedule a Demo Today
IBT Industrial Solutions Uses Blue Meteor Product Content Cloud to Improve Data Quality, Streamline Workflows, and Enhance Customer Experience
The Impact of AI in Digital Asset Management (DAM) – Advanced Features, Automated Processes, Improved Technology