Better Product Content Boosts Footwear E-Commerce Sales & Customer Experiences
The Global Footprint
- The global footwear market value was USD 409.5 billion in 2022
- The market value is expected to exceed USD 725 billion by 2032
- It has a current CAGR of 5.9%, with India and China the main growth drivers
“Of all the primary revenue channels for the footwear industry, e-commerce is expected to grow at the highest CAGR – 6.1% – over the next decade.”
The volume of customers opting for online footwear purchases is growing rapidly, particularly in developing economies. Transformative urbanization, expanding middle-class populations, and a demand for convenience are the reasons behind current e-commerce preferences.
Better Product Content Is Essential For Better Online Footwear Sales & Customer Experiences
As evidenced, organizations involved in the footwear industry deal with thousands of products and product variations based on several market, region and consumer preference criterion.
Consider a multinational manufacturer of non-leather slippers and sandals for all age groups. They have a varied and segmented product portfolio. Individual products in each segment will require detailed descriptions, specifications, reviews, high-quality digital media (photos, videos, ads, 3D renders), and other types of product content assets. Additionally, different distributors and e-commerce channels mandate their own set of product information requirements in order to be featured on their platforms.
The manufacturer is certain to face significant challenges in product content quality, syndication, and management. As a result, they’re an ideal business to benefit from a comprehensive cloud-native enterprise solution backed by AI. But how does better product content drive better online sales?
With a future-ready product content cloud SaaS in place, the footwear manufacturer will have these key advantages:
- A secure, centralized and user-friendly repository for all digital assets, like images, videos, and other media files of their footwear range. Relevant digital assets will be easily available to cross-functional stakeholders within the organization (design, marketing, sales, etc.), as and when they need it, saving valuable time. In the process, there’ll be consistent and accurate product information maintained across all channels, including e-commerce websites. They’ll also avoid product misidentification, regional language errors, poor SEO adherence, incorrect product details and other content discrepancies. This helps maintain and develop customer trust.
- The manufacturer can simultaneously introduce their new footwear products to various online markets in a far more streamlined manner by utilizing custom product categories and profiles, efficiently mapping product attributes, and making sure to associate relevant digital assets with their corresponding products. And they can go beyond products too, by creating detailed customer profiles and gathering valuable data on customer preferences and behaviors. More targeted footwear ads and offers will improve the customer experience, build loyalty, and increase the likelihood of repeat business.
- Selling high volumes of footwear on multiple e-commerce platforms requires expert management and synchronization of product information across each channel. The manufacturer’s brand image and customer experience depend on consistency. Having customized product catalogs and line sheets based on different markets, seasons, and collections helps them prepare for any online sales scenario. Inventory management tools provide real-time data and insights into footwear stock levels and market demand forecasts. This prevents overstocking and stock shortages, optimizing inventory levels consistently for every online sales channel.
Online sales generate significant revenue for the footwear industry. What you can expect is more innovative e-commerce strategies from brands as they attempt to maximize earnings amid fierce competition. Customers will scrutinize and reward better product content which enhances their online shopping experience. Will your product content be rewarded?
Blue Meteor Product Content Cloud goes above and beyond in helping businesses navigate complex e-commerce sales challenges.
Ready to see how Blue Meteor can impact your e-commerce product content? Schedule a Demo Today
IBT Industrial Solutions Uses Blue Meteor Product Content Cloud to Improve Data Quality, Streamline Workflows, and Enhance Customer Experience
The Impact of AI in Digital Asset Management (DAM) – Advanced Features, Automated Processes, Improved Technology